Utah State University provides hundreds of scholarships, including college, departmental, campus, and endowed scholarships. Our scholarship application is simple and makes 'matching' with both institutional and private scholarships a breeze thanks to our partnership with ScholarshipUniverse. Scholarship details (including requirements and deadlines) are outlined in the application.Apply for Scholarships
Scholarships for your individual campus may be available. Contact Statewide Scholarships at email@example.com, or (435) 613-5032 for information.
Technical Education Scholarships
Scholarships specifically for Technical Education students are available. Be sure to look for them as your apply for scholarships using ScholarshipUniverse.
USU Eastern Campus Scholarships
Scholarships are available for various student leadership positions.
Leadership positions include student ambassadors, student association, resident advisors, student success leaders, student mentors and community service leaders.
Admitted students attending USU Salt Lake or USU Orem that have transferred from Salt Lake Community College are eligible to receive a half-off tuition waiver for their first or second semester.
USU Uintah Basin Campus Scholarships
Uintah County Residency Scholarships
Scholarship offered to Uintah County residents attending Utah State University Uintah Basin Campus.
Applicants must apply each semester by the deadline:
Spring, November 1
Summer, April 1
Fall, July 1
Many scholarships available thanks to our local USU Blanding donors.
- The donors of the Native American Endowment
- The donors of the Peterson History Scholarship
- The donors of the Calvin Black Scholarship
- The donors of the White Mesa Ute Scholarship
- The donors of the Robert McPherson Endowment
- The donors of the Ruth Ellen Pollan Endowment
- The donors of the Stay and Study Scholarship
- The donors of the General Scholarship
Many scholarships available thanks to our local USU Brigham City donors.
- American Association of University Women
- Arlene Anderson
- Charles and Rae Perkins
- Dr. Dennis J. Fife
- The McDonald's of Brigham City
- Northrop Grumman
- Ronald Smith & Linda Palmer Mortensen
- S. Brenna Fawcett Williams & Stanley A. Fawcett
- Teresa M. Moore
- Tom & Barbara Mannschreck & Daughters
- The citizens of Brigham City
Many scholarships available thanks to our local USU Eastern donors.
- The Castle Valley Center
- Ann Shallcross Johnson
- Jessie Embry
- Barbogli-Leavitt Trust
- The donors of the Brad Jones Memorial Scholarship
- Castleview Hospital
- Clifford and Mary Madsen
- The donors of the Close to Home Scholarship
- The Family of Daniel Hekmat
- The Donna Vee Forstyth Christensen Trust
- Dr. A. LaVell & Mayzell King and Family
- Dr. H. Lamont & Marilyn B. Arnold and Family
- Earl and Helen O. Smith
- Edward & Elinor Tolich Evatz
- Robert & Nancy Taniguchi
- The donors of the F.S. Endowed Scholarship
- G.J. & Margaret Reeves
- George S. and Delores D. Eccles Foundation
- Goldie Orfanakis Winn
- The Family of Helen Zeese Papanikolas
- The Herbert I. & Elsa B. Michael Foundation
- Intermountain Electronics
- Intermountain Healthcare
- The donors of the John Crank Scholarship
- John Yack
- The donors of the Mike Dmitrich Scholarship
- Plateau Mining
- Ray Northey
- Richard MacKnight
- Ruth Eleanor Bamberger & John Earnest Bamberger Memorial Foundation
- Ruth M. Bernardi
- Shelton & Sharon Wakefield
- Tsuruki 'Tia'Imai
- Vanice, Glen W. & Keith G. Reid
- The donors of the Wanda Rowley Jackson Scholarship
- Ed Richeda Family
Many scholarships available thanks to our USU Statewide Campus donors.
- George S. & Delores Dore Eccles Foundation
- Paul Conway
- The Lafferty Family
Scholarships for your individual campus may be availalable. Contact Statewide Scholarships at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (435) 613-5032 for information.
Many scholarships available thanks to our local USU Moab donors.
- Arrowhead Motorsports
- Beh Family
- Cornelius Family
- Dental Health Center
- Hawks Family
- Howard McPherson
- Larson & Company
- Moab Rotary Club
- Rachel Moody
- Ruth Dickenson
Many scholarships available thanks to our local USU Southwest Region donors.
- Lois Mae Sturman
Many scholarships available thanks to our local USU Tooele donors.
- Joe D. & Rodie England
- USU Tooele Faculty
Over $500,000 in scholarships available thanks to our local USU Uintah Basin donors.
- Advisory Council Scholarship
- Alva Crosby & Jean Snow Scholarship
- Ann & Inella Kunz Scholarship
- Bob & Areva Huish Scholarship
- Colorado Plateau Horseman's Hall of Fame Scholarship
- Crescent Point Energy Scholarship
- Dennis & Amelia Garner Scholarship
- Don B. Showalter & Donna M. Showalter Endowment
- Dr. James Allen Scholarship
- E. Floyd & Hazel D. Ross Scholarship
- Education TEAL Tuition Waiver
- Freshman Priority Waiver
- Henry Schaefermeyer Endowment
- Ida Maughn Phillips & Evans Jonah Phillips Scholarship
- Joseph Stanly Meyrick UB Scholarhip
- Josh Graham Scholarship
- New Graduate Student Tuition Waiver
- Northeastern Counseling Center Master of Social Work Scholarship
- Oil Atomic & Chemical Workers International Endowment
- Paraprofessional Scholarship
- Returning Near Completion Waiver
- Sterling Scholar Award
- Strata Networks General Technology Scholarship
- Uintah Basin Grow Your Own Teacher Scholarship
- Uintah County Residency Scholarship
- Vern & Mabel Allred Scholarship
- Western Petroleum Scholarship
- Waiver for Continuing or Transfer Traditional Sophomores
Academic Scholarship Index
The Admissions Office has many scholarships for which you may be eligible. Students who apply to USU will automatically be considered for academic scholarships based on the scholarship index. These are USU system-wide awards and are portable across all USU campuses.
This is the point where excellent grades and test scores help you save on tuition. Using a combination of your GPA and ACT/SAT review the Scholarship Index to determine if you are eligible for an academic scholarship.
Incoming freshmen who are unable to take the ACT/SAT may request a personal comprehensive scholarship review for academic scholarship awarding. The review will consider benchmarks such as grade point average (GPA), high school course rigor, and other criteria. The priority deadline to apply for CSR is December 1, 2022.
In addition to academic award, students may apply for additional scholarships and assistance.
Utah State Promise
The Utah State Promise is a “last dollar” scholarship for Pell Grant students, meaning USU covers any remaining tuition and student body fees after all other aid is applied to a recipient's account.
Visit Utah State Promise for more information.
Emergency Hardship Fund
Utah State University’s Emergency Hardship Fund provides grants to students who have encountered circumstances that otherwise cause them to drop out of school.
Visit Emergency Hardship Fund to apply.
email@example.com | (435) 613-5032 | Schedule an Appointment