Financial Aid Opportunities
In addition to scholarships, financial aid can help bridge the gap between your finances and what's needed to accomplish your academic goals.
Grants are forms of aid you do not have to repay. Applicants may receive grants based on financial aid. Grants are available through the federal and state governments. Keep in mind:
- Repayment is not required.
- Funding levels may vary from year to year according to legislative appropriation.
- To meet tuition deadlines, file the FAFSA by the end of June.
Federal loans allow students or their families to borrow money at low interest rates. Keep in mind:
- Repayment plus interest is required.
- To meet deadlines, file the FAFSA by the end of June.
Federal Work Study
The Federal Work Study program provides funds for jobs for eligible students to help them pay for their education. Keep in mind:
- Students are offered the dollar amount that they can work to earn over the course of the academic year.
- Student Financial Aid refers students to jobs on or off campus.
- To be considered, answer "yes" to the work-study question and submit the FAFSA before the end of March.
To receive federal financial aid, you will need to complete the FAFSA before our published deadlines. What you will need in order to file:
- USU's FAFSA code: 003677.
- Your Social Security Number on your application for admission. If you've already applied and didn't include your SSN, you can report it to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- A FSA ID, which you can get through the FAFSA website.
Visit fafsa.gov to complete the application.
Map Marker Icon USU Blanding, HSL Building | Clock Icon Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm | Phone Icon (435) 678-8159
Map Marker Icon USU Logan
Clock Icon Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Phone Icon (435) 613-5423
Every USU student has an assigned financial aid counselor they can partner with to navigate paying for school. To see who your counselor is, along with additional information and contact information, visit the Contact USU Financial Aid page.