Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply?

Students submit their entire application online at Full details about admission deadlines, costs, student types and more can be found on the admissions website.

I have applied, now what?

If you haven't met with an academic advisor yet, now is the time to do so. An advisor makes sure you have a graduation plan and that you are taking the right classes at the right time to stay on track to graduate. Find your advisor and set up an appointment on the USU Advising Website.

How much does USU cost?

Costs at USU vary based on credits taken per semester, which program/course level you are in, where you attend, and other factors. Visit our cost page to estimate your costs. For full information, please contact the registrar's office.

Can I see what kind of scholarships are available to me?

There are a lot of scholarships from various departments on campus as well as outside organizations. has many of these outlined, but you may be able to find other opportunities outside of USU as well.

What is a FAFSA and how do I apply?

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), is an application to determine if you qualify for aid, like federal grants and loans. You should fill this out when you apply to Utah State University and every year you attend. Fill out the application at and make sure you use USU's school code, 003677.

Which type of classes are the best? (online, broadcast, face-to-face)

This is a personal preference, but all classes have the same standards of academic quality, interaction, and teacher participation. Talk to your academic advisor to see which is best for you. Most regional campus students will end up taking at least one of each type during their time with USU.

What transfer credits does USU accept?

the USU Registrar has a few web pages about transferring credits to Utah State University. However, an academic advisor is your best bet when it comes to understanding how your credits will transfer. When you apply to the university, you will submit your past coursework to the Registrar's office who will review them and show you exactly how your past coursework applies to your chosen degree program.

How do I make an appointment with an advisor?

Many advisors at USU allow students to schedule appointments with them online. Visit to find an advisor and set up an appointment, or call their listed number.

I am from another college/university, can I take tests at USU?

Yes. Most USU locations will proctor tests for students at other schools. Your best bet is to contact the testing center at your location and ask them. Your test will most likely need to be coordinated beforehand and a fee is often involved.

How do I take the ALEKS Math Placement Test?

Once you are ready to take the test, contact a USU testing center and schedule a time to take your test. You can find more information about the test at

How many USU locations are there?

As a land grant institution, USU operates throughout the state of Utah. Below is a list of locations by service region. Not all degrees are available at all locations. Speak to an advisor at any of the locations for more details or contact us.

USU Eastern Region

USU Blanding Region

Brigham City Region

Kaysville Region

Moab Region

Orem Region

Salt Lake Region

Southwest Region

Tooele Region

Uintah Basin Region