Ornamental Horticulture: AAS, CC

Department: Plants, Soils, and Climate Department
College: College of Agriculture and Applied Sciences

About This Degree

USU offers both a certificate and an associate’s degree in ornamental horticulture. Completion of the certificate requires 27 credits, and the associate’s degree requires 60 credits. Coursework for both is similar to the curriculum for the bachelor’s degree in plant science, and all approved coursework for the associate’s degree counts toward the bachelor's should students choose to continue. 

Many students who participate in this program attend through one of USU's locations throughout the state. Classes are offered in the evenings, making it convenient for students who work full time and wish to move into a career in ornamental horticulture or pursue horticulture as a hobby.


Location Restrictions

To view all degrees and programs available at USU, visit Degree Finder. Please note, not all degrees and programs are available at every location. We recommend searching by location unless you intend on relocating. Contact a Statewide Campuses advisor to verify program availability in your area.

View Potential Careers

With an associate’s or certificate in ornamental horticulture, students can work in the following areas:

  • Greenhouse or nursery management
  • Golf course or parks management
  • Garden center, seed, equipment, and chemical sales
  • Owning or managing farm-related businesses
  • Agricultural product sales
  • Working for nurseries and greenhouses
  • Owning private landscaping businesses

Many careers in the "green industry" which means growing and maintaining plants which includes support industries like equipment, supplies, and company support.

Course Listing (University Catalog)

Quick Guide
How to Get Started


Connect with a local rep

Tell us about yourself.

Get Started

Talk to an advisor

Get help deciding or learn more about degrees and programs.

Make an Appointment


You can apply online at any time to Utah State University.

Apply Now