About This Degree
Information Systems (IS) provide the technical and human infrastructure that enables companies of all shapes and sizes to compete in today's global electronic marketplace. IS majors learn critical skills that enable them to evaluate, develop, implement, and manage information systems that enhance strategic agility, enable core business processes, and improve managerial decision making. Building on a broad foundation in business intelligence, analytics, database, information security, and programming, students in the IS major complete at least one emphasis that provides specialized training in data engineering, cybersecurity, or web development.
Emphases (an emphasis is not required)
- Cybersecurity - Develop your knowledge in information security, network security, design, and architecture, enterprise security, and physical security.
- Data Engineering - Data Engineers make it possible for businesses to engage in the advanced analytics and insight generation that data science produces.
- Web Development - Web development ranks among the most highly demanded information systems skills, as a web presence is essential for virtually all companies.
To view all degrees and programs available at USU, visit Degree Finder. Please note, not all degrees and programs are available at every location. We recommend searching by location unless you intend on relocating. Contact a Statewide Campuses advisor to verify program availability in your area.
View Potential Careers
With a degree in information systems, you will be qualified for the following careers:
- Data Engineer
- Web Developer
- Cybersecurity Specialist
- Data Analyst
- Electronic Commerce Specialist
- Technical Consultant
- Communications Network Analyst
- Systems Designer
- Business Systems Project Manager
- Network & Internet Manager
- Data Network Security Admin
- Network Admin
- IT Support Manager
- Web Developer
- Software Engineer
- Project Manager
- Systems Technician
- Business Systems Analyst
- Forensic Computer Analyst
- Database Analyst
- Business Analyst
Our professional career coaches are equipped with all the tools necessary to help you with interview prep, professional networking, job searching, and so much more! Schedule an appointment today.
Course Listing (University Catalog)
How to Get Started
The Jon M. Huntsman School of Business may charge differential tuition for this program. Differential tuition is an added cost per credit for courses in the program. See the last page in the USU Tuition & Fee schedule for more information.