USU Blanding Motor Pool offers vehicles for university business travel. Review the information below to reserve and use a university vehicle.
Reserve and Use a University Vehicle
Make sure the Driver Training has been completed.
See below for details. Training must be completed once every two years.
Prior to the trip:
- Reserve a vehicle by calling (435) 678-8112 or emailing email@example.com.
- Download and begin the Vehicle Request and Motor Pool Record form.
- Return the form to the Business Office.
The day of the trip (or the day before if leaving before 8am):
- Pick up the keys from the Business Office.
- Record mileage on the mileage ledger sheet.
- Record all information that is requested on the mileage ledger sheet.
- Note service repairs if needed on the sheet.
- Fill vehicle with gas upon return and throw away any garbage in the vehicle.
- Return the vehicle to the HSL parking lot, back row by the fence.
- Return keys to the Business Office. If the Business Office is closed return to the library book return or maintenance shed key return slot.
Utah Defensive Driver Training
- Log into the Utah Learning Portal.
If you do not have an account, please create one using the security keyword usue.
- Under "My Learning," choose the Launch button for the Defensive Driver Training.
- Watch and complete the video training.
- Save a copy of the Certificate of Completion from your email.
Rates and Policy
Small Vehicles: $0.31/mile
Mid-size Vehicles: $0.35/mile
Mini SUV: $0.39/mile
Must call maintenance to schedule (435) 678-8153
Must call CTE building to schedule (435) 678-8217.