Federal Aid

Financial Support

In addition to scholarships, federal aid can help bridge the gap between your finances and what's needed to accomplish your academic goals.




To receive federal financial aid, you will need to complete the FAFSA before our published deadlines. What you will need in order to file:

  1. USU's FAFSA code: 003677.
  2. Your Social Security Number on your application for admission. If you've already applied and didn't include your SSN, you can report it to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
  3. FSA ID, which you can get through the FAFSA website.

Visit fafsa.gov to complete the application.

While scholarships are separate from federal aid, some scholarship applications include FAFSA submission as part of their eligibility criteria. All students eligible to submit a FAFSA are highly encouraged to do so.


Grants are forms of aid you do not have to repay. Grants are available through the federal and state governments. Keep in mind:

  1. Repayment is not required.
  2. Funding levels may vary from year to year according to legislative appropriation.
  3. To meet tuition deadlines, file the FAFSA by the end of June.
For more information, visit www.usu.edu/financial-support/grants 


Federal loans allow students or their families to borrow money at low interest rates. Keep in mind:

  1. Repayment plus interest is required.
  2. To meet deadlines, file the FAFSA by the end of June.
For more information, visit www.usu.edu/financial-support/federalloans

Federal Work Study

The Federal Work Study program provides funds for jobs for eligible students to help them pay for their education. Keep in mind:

  1. Students are offered the dollar amount that they can work to earn over the course of the academic year.
  2. Student Financial Support refers students to jobs on or off campus.
  3. To be considered, answer "yes" to the work-study question and submit the FAFSA before the end of March.
For more information, visit www.usu.edu/financial-support/work-study
Contact Federal Aid

Pam Hosler

Pam Hosler

Financial Aid Counselor

Financial Aid

Phone: (435) 678-8159
Office Location: Blanding, HSL 106

  USU Blanding, HSL Building

  Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm