Congrats on your decision to attend Utah State University! We're excited for you to join our Aggie family and share in the rich traditions at Utah State. Please take time to review your next steps, which will navigate you through the transition of becoming a student at USU.
Admitted Students - Next Steps
ad•mit•ted stu•dent: applied, been accepted, and can’t wait to attend Utah State
Submit Your FAFSA (optional)
This allows USU to offer you the maximum amount of federal, state, and institutional aid to help pay for school. Completing the FAFSA usually takes less than an hour and can pay big dividends.
Create Your USU Password
Your USU password requires you to know your A-Number and is used to log into most USU systems.
Apply for Additional Scholarships (optional)
You are already considered for academic scholarships if you applied by the deadline, but many nonacademic awards and additional scholarships require a separate application and will have different deadlines.
Confirm Your Enrollment
While you are welcome to pay the nonrefundable deposit to confirm enrollment, you can also postpone it since you are attending the Blanding Campus. Paying or postponing the deposit:
- Confirms your intent to enroll
- Accepts USU scholarships offered by the Admissions Office (if paid by the scholarship acceptance deadline for a given semester)
- Secures your spot at USU
- Allows you to sign a contract for on-campus housing; consideration is first come, first served
- Technical Education students may not need to pay the enrollment deposit. If you have questions, please contact your technical education academic advisor.
Confirm your enrollment to complete the following steps.
Begin Orientation Online
The five-module orientation is completed over the course of several months, giving you information at the time you need it. Orientation for students starting summer or fall opens in mid-February.
Register for Classes
Orientation will tell you everything you need to select classes, speak with your academic advisor, and register on time. Once you register for class, a new USU email account will be created for you, and all official communication will be sent to that account during your time at USU.
Sign a Contract for On-Campus Housing (optional)
On-Campus Housing contracts are available to incoming students who pay the enrollment deposit. Although living on campus for first-year students is not required, it is encouraged. National studies have consistently shown that students living on campus have higher GPAs and graduation success rates.
Pay Tuition and Fees
Orientation will explain how tuition and fees work. Or reach out to the student financial support to walk you through the process and answer all of your questions.
Parents - Stay in the Know
par•ent: supports future Aggies in more ways than we can list (but especially with free food and laundry)
USU has plenty of resources and programs for parents. Join USU's Parent & Family Network to find helpful information about your student's University experience.
Undecided Students - On the Fence
un•de•cid•ed: will likely become an Aggie, but is still considering other options
For a vast majority of students trying to choose a university, it’s not easy. There are a lot of options and tons of information. In the quest to digest and learn as much information as possible, we’ve curated a custom list to help students feel confident when they choose USU.
- USU Blanding provides a personal, local college experience and student life.
- Enjoy the benefits of a major research university, but a smaller campus providing close connections with your classmates, professors, and the community.
- From certificates and career and technical education programs to bachelor's and doctoral degrees, USU Blanding has options to meet your educational and career goals.
- Watch Aggie Impact videos to see where an education from USU can take you.
- See what it's like to be an Aggie in Blanding on Instagram.
- Experience campus on a tour in-person or virtually.
- Check out clubs, student government, and other involvement opportunities at USU Blanding.
- View costs to attend USU Blanding.
- Discover the many scholarships to help cover the cost.
- Federal aid is available to qualifying students.
At the end of the day, talking to a USU Admissions Specialist is going to be your best option in getting your questions answered and discovering what Aggie life is like - other than spending time on campus, that is.