You can apply online at any time to Utah State University. Students who miss application deadlines or who are taking credits to transfer out of USU can complete a non-degree seeking application, which is free and takes 24 hours to process.
Comprehensive Scholarship Review
Incoming freshmen who are unable to take the ACT/SAT may request a personal comprehensive scholarship review. Learn more.
Students wishing to obtain an undergraduate or graduate degree from USU or be eligible for scholarships and financial aid.
If you wish to obtain an associate or bachelor's degree from Utah State University, you must be formally accepted into your program of choice. It can take time to apply and receive an admission decision so you should apply several months before the semester starts. You can apply after the application deadlines, but you may miss scholarship deadlines and late applications are considered on a space-available basis.
If you wish to obtain a master's, doctorate, certificate, or endorsement from Utah State University, you must be formally accepted into your program of choice. All graduate programs have different requirements, including admissions test scores, transcripts, and letters of recommendation. For full details about a program, including application deadlines and entrance requirements, contact an advisor.
Non-Degree Seeking Applicants
Students taking courses without pursuing a degree at USU.
USU's Quick Admit application is a flexible option allowing you to immediately register for courses without being formally admitted to the university. As a Quick Admit student, you can take up to 12 credit hours towards a master's degree before you must apply to the graduate school. It's a great way to get started on your degree quickly if you miss application deadlines, or take courses to transfer to another university.
Restrictions for non-degree seeking applicants
- Only students who have already obtained a bachelor's degree will be able to attend courses designated as 'Logan Main Campus'.
- You will not be allowed to use federal financial aid.
- Graduate students may only take 12 non-degree seeking credits and have them count toward a USU graduate degree program.
Graduate Application Deadlines
Check with the department or graduate school for application deadlines.
Here is the process for applying to Utah State University.
- Submit Application
- Pay Application Fee
- Supplemental Items: You may be required to submit transcripts or other documentation.
- Check Your Application Status: At any time you can login your admissions account and check your applications status. We will email you if we are still waiting on you to submit documents such as transcripts or test scores.